CVNSND Events and Activities
Need to search for specific keywords? There are quick-search links at the bottom of the page.
- This event has passed.
2019 Public Service Project: Trail Cleanup & Geocaching
April 6 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
The National Longhouse encourages each local longhouse to conduct projects that deliver meaningful service to their community, while creating shared experiences for parent and child.
With that in mind, CVNSND will take help the Cleveland Metroparks clean up a portion of a trail in the Brecksville Reservation on Saturday, April 6, 2019 from 10 am to noon. (In case of inclement weather our rain date is April 13 – we will update this page and send an email if we need to switch dates.)
Everyone that participates will receive a special patch from the National Longhouse.
If you’ve already received this patch, you will receive a bar patch highlighting how many times you’ve completed a community service project.
MEET AT HARRIET KEELER PICNIC AREA AT 10AM.
REQUIRED – NO EXCEPTIONS/NON-NEGOTIABLE:
1. EVERY participant (adults & kids) must complete a waiver prior to the event.
WAIVER DEADLINE: APRIL 5th BY NOON.
See links below.
- Adult Waiver
- Youth Waiver (Only the youth volunteer’s parent or guardian is permitted to sign the waiver on their behalf.)
2. Closed toed sturdy shoes (absolutely no sandals).
Pants and shirts with long sleeves (no exposed ankles or arms to prevent poison ivy, reduce exposure to ticks and scratches)
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing you don’t mind getting dirty, stained or wet (layers recommended),
- Bring filled water bottles and a snack (The Longhouse will provide some bottled water and light snacks.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear their CVNSND gear – to show the pride in our great organization!
Once we’re done with the cleanup, we can start…
Geocaching is the sport of using GPS technology to search for and find caches that have been hidden around the world. Cleveland Metroparks is participating by hiding several caches within its borders, holding event caches, allowing people to place geocaches in Cleveland Metroparks.
Feel free to put together a geocache that adheres to Metroparks regulations. Or bring a container and we can build it that day.
NOTE: A hidden object size must be in a container with a minimum size of 8 ounces. Hidden objects may not be ammo cans, PVC pipes, or have the appearance of a dangerous object.
The Longhouse will supply a number of goodies to include in geocaches.