- This event has passed.
Fall Campout – Camp Fitch
October 8 @ 5:00 pm - October 10 @ 12:00 pm EDT$65.00 – $185.00
We are proud and grateful to plan our first campout in 1.5 years!! Please review all of the information for the Fall Campout below – Registration is now Open. Please note that there are TWO steps to complete the process:
B.) Payment by PayPal (see details below)
You MUST be a registered member through Circle Bridge to participate. If you are not registered you will not be able to attend even if you paid for the campout. This campout is open to children K-9th grade. This year an exception is being made for 9th graders to make up the lost opportunities over the last year.
WHERE: Camp Fitch – North Springfield, PA
WHEN: October 8-10, 2021 – Arrival Time: 5:00-8:00 PM
COST: $185 for Dad and 1 Child; $65 Per Additional Child
Are you ready to create memories that will last a lifetime? This year’s Fall Campout will be held on October 8-10 at Camp Fitch in Pennsylvania on the shores of beautiful Lake Erie. The Friday night activities will include our annual Halloween party so kids (and Dads) wear your costumes, pizza will be provided. Awards to cutest, scariest and most creative.
On Saturday, hayrides to the candy store will be available. In addition, horseback riding ($25 per rider), archery, BB’s, rifles, fishing, canoeing, pony rides and crafts are some of the other activities that are being scheduled.
Saturday evening will conclude with our world famous torch march, followed by a graduation ceremony for our 5th grade pathfinders, bonfire and tribe skits. Remember to bring your torch with a wick (cotton rag) and have a tribe chant ready in order for the medicine man to light your tribe’s torches. See below for chant examples. Dads, encourage your kids to come up with a skit for Saturday night, it would be great if we can get each tribe up on stage. You can get some skit ideas here: http://www.ultimatecampresource.com/site/camp-activities/funny-camp-skits.page-1.html
As safety during the pandemic is a primary concern the following precautions are in place:
- Cabin assignment will be per family, you will bunk with your whole family. Please indicate your first and second choice of what tribe your whole family would like to stay with.
- Please make efforts to keep your family together for the weekend for activities and mess hall seating.
- I will do my best to keep cabin capacity evenly distributed to minimize person to person contact while trying to maintain all requests.
- If you do not wish to stay in a cabin, we do have access to 12 ships. These are the newly constructed small cabins by Camp Fitch. Each ship is enclosed with 2 wings (8 beds per wing) with a common toilet, the ships do not have heat or electricity. 24 ship wings will be available, 1 wing per family. Priority will be given to families with children that have a health condition that places the child at greater risk for COVID. Please indicate at registration if your child has such a health condition. Priority will then be given based on registration, register early to ensure a spot.
- Tent camping will be available, bring your own tent and supplies.
- We will NOT be having Jungle Terry to avoid kids bunching up to touch the animals.
- Pending weather, the Halloween contest with pizza on Friday night and skits/find card prizes on Saturday night will be held at the outdoor Pavilion near Christman cabins.
- Arrival screening will be done by Camp Fitch for Symptoms
- Camp Fitch guidelines require masks when indoors, masks may be removed for sleeping and eating.
Please be sure to A.) Register and B.) Pay in order to complete the entire process!
Registration is on a first-come first-served basis. The deadline for signup is October 4th. It’s shaping up to be a great time for all, so don’t wait until the last minute to sign up. This campout fills up FAST and ALWAYS sells out! I still remember my first fall campout vividly, rain and cold, but my daughter had a complete blast, we have been hooked ever since and now I am the cool parent! Place any requests in the comments field under registration.
Upon arrival at Camp Fitch, all campers must check in either at the camp store on Friday evening or upon arrival on Saturday. Each camper will be issued a wristband which is to be worn for the entire weekend. After check in you can drive to your assigned cabin.
NOW OPEN! Deadline is Monday, October 4th, 2021. See registration form below.
Payment will be via PayPal at the time of registration.
Please contact Medicine Man Toma Randjelovic if you have any questions about the campout. E-mail him at email@example.com or via his cell phone at 440-829-0160
General Items to Bring:
Bring adequate (and extra) clothing appropriate for the time of the year, boots, jacket, sweatshirt, hat, gloves, ponchos, CVNSND vest & headdress. Remember to bring flashlights, torch & cotton rag (for the Saturday night torch march), bug repellent, lawn chairs, first aid kits, sleeping bag & pillow, sports equipment, camera, games and fishing gear if you want to fish. Bring your toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, washcloth, towels, soap, razor (or not), and sunscreen. If your Tribe is cooking dinner at your cabin Saturday night bring your own food & cooking equipment. Other optional items include coffee pot, matches, grill, charcoal lighter, skewers, cooler, pop, canteen, snacks, cups, plates, towels, folding table, and s’more ingredients.
What is provided by Camp Fitch?
Normal cabins are available with bunk beds in heated cabins which have indoor plumbing. We will also have available unheated cabins without electricity for families that wish to social distance further and an option to tent camp. Meals for the weekend are included and are provided in the Dining Hall. Camp Fitch provides the following meals – Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast. Coffee, milk and juice are provided at all meals. As mentioned during past campouts, this is the best meal you can get in a 15 mile radius. For those with dietary restrictions and food allergies please contact Toma Randjelovic at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have children with food allergies, you are welcome to bring food from home for your use at mealtimes. This food can be stored in the kitchen refrigerator/freezer of the Dining Hall. Be sure to label all containers with your child’s name.
Please be aware if you are fishing, only fish on Camp Fitch property unless you have a Pennsylvania fishing license. Additionally the stream leading up to Camp Fitch has locations that are protected, if you decide to fish there please consult with the camp to avoid a fine.
CAMPOUT General Rules and Guidelines can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E2UHo6YLkb-OCfZmvXF2jLw-bHsFRZhxvJwioW2dPoQ/edit?usp=sharing
Tribe Chants Examples Can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zme_F3zfACqKpSA7pozxp8WSVdx_HsJvvctiICWDLRs
Directions to Camp Fitch:
Follow I-90 to Exit 6 in PA, then North on Rt 215. Continue north of Rt. 215 following the signs to Camp Fitch. Drive time is approximately 1.5 hours.
Camp Fitch website: http://www.campfitchymca.org/
The address above is the correct physical address but some GPS systems have trouble locating the Camp. If you are having trouble here are some suggestions:
- Make sure you are spelling Abels Rd correctly (E then L)
- Try East Springfield, West Springfield, or even Springfield Township instead of North Springfield. Just remember that we are ON Lake Erie – not near Philadelphia.
- Try Peggy Gray Candies
(the store is just up the street from Camp)
1674 Holliday Rd
North Springfield, PA 16430
- Try the intersection of Abels Rd and Holliday Rd (make sure to spell both street names properly). There is a Camp Fitch sign at this intersection.
- Try the intersection of Holliday Rd and W. Lake Rd (also known as Rt. 215). There is a Camp Fitch sign at this intersection.
- If your GPS accepts coordinates, the Camp entrance is located at N 42° 0.168’ W 80° 25.829’