CVNSND Events and Activities
Need to search for specific keywords? There are quick-search links at the bottom of the page.
Longhouse Event: Nature Walk
November 10 @ 10:15 am - 12:30 pm EST
Nature Walk at Virginia Kendall Ledges
Where: Virginia Kendall Ledges – Octagon Shelter – 801 Truxell Road, Peninsula, OH 44264
When: Sunday, November 10, 2019 – Starting at 10:30 A.M. and should wrap up around noon or so. The Longhouse will provide donuts, hot chocolate, and coffee in the Octagon Shelter prior to the start of the hike. These will be available starting at approximately 10:30 A.M., with a guided tour leaving the Octagon shelter at approximately 10:45 A.M.
Who: This is a dads and kids event.
Cost: $5 per family (Payment is made at the event, not online).
- This is a Longhouse “rain or shine” event with so dress appropriately for the weather. The Nature Walk is open to Dads and kids from all tribes as well as Pathfinders. Sorry Moms! Enjoy the peace and quiet 🙂
Directions from Winking Lizard Tavern located in Peninsula to the Octagon Shelter:
- Head east on 303 / W Streetsboro Rd / Main St, 243 ft.
- Right on Akron Peninsula Rd / S Locust St, 1.0 mi.
- Left on Truxell Rd, 2.0 mi.
- At 2.0 miles, look for wooden sign that says “Octagon” and
- Turn left, drive 0.5 miles, park & meet at the shelter. Please note that the entrance to the Octagon
- The shelter is just 0.5 miles west of the entrance to Ledges Shelter. Do not go to the Ledges Shelter.