- This event has passed.
Longhouse Event: Nature Walk
November 13, 2016
Nature Walk at Virginia Kendall Ledges
Please make every attempt to register by midnight on Friday, November 11th so we can have the appropriate amount of food and drinks delivered. Thanks!
Where: Virginia Kendall Ledges
When: Sunday, November 13, 2016. 10 AM to about noon. The Longhouse will provide donuts, hot chocolate and coffee in the Octagon Shelter prior to the start of the hike. These will be available starting at 10AM, with a guided tour leaving the Octagon shelter at 10:30.
Who: This is a dads and kids event.
Cost: $5 per family (Payment is made at the event, not online).
- This is a Longhouse “rain or shine” event with so all tribes will be there.
- Please state that this event is open to Dads and kids from all tribes as well as Pathfinders. Sorry moms! Enjoy the peace and quiet 🙂
Please use this form to let us know if you are coming. This is just to get a rough idea for food and drink counts. Thanks!
Directions from Winking Lizard Tavern in Peninsula to the Octagon Shelter:
- Head east on 303 / W Streetsboro Rd / Main St, 243 ft.
- Right on Akron Peninsula Rd / S Locust St, 1.0 mi.
- Left on Truxell Rd, 2.0 mi.
- At 2.0 miles, look for wooden sign that says “Octagon” and
- Turn left, drive 0.5 miles, park & meet at the shelter. Please note that the entrance to the Octagon
- Shelter is just 0.5 miles west of entrance to Ledges Shelter. Do not go to the Ledges Shelter.