CUYAHOGA VALLEY NATIVE SONS NATIVE DAUGHTERS ACTIVITY RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Pursuant to Guidance issued by Ohio Department on May 21, 2020 (see attached), participation in general non-contact sporting activities is now permitted, provided all applicable safety standards are met. Cuyahoga Valley Native Sons Native Daughters (“CVNSND”) is pleased to provide the below-named member (“Parent”) and his child/children (“Child/ren”) with the opportunity to participate in CVNSND-sponsored activities for the 2020-2021 school year.
Close physical contact and interaction between participants are common features of the types of general non-contact sporting activities sponsored by CVNSND including, but not limited to archery, ropes-courses, canoeing, BB-guns, swimming, and marching for the torch march, as is the use of shared surfaces such as floors, bows, balls, and other equipment. Uniquely, Parent’s and Child/ren’s participation in such activities will be occurring during the COVID-19 global pandemic, wherein the risk of contracting a highly contagious and potentially lethal disease is increased by close physical contact and interaction between people, and through the use of shared surfaces and items. While CVNSND will endeavor to take precautions for the safety of those participating in CVNSND-sponsored activities, including complying with all applicable safety standards, there can be no guarantee that these precautions will prevent Parent and Child/ren from contracting COVID-19, or any other highly contagious disease, which could result in sickness, injury, or death.
Therefore, in consideration of CVNSND’s agreement to permit Parent and Child/ren to participate in a CVNSND-sponsored activities during the period of July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021, the undersigned Parent and Child/ren hereby release CVNSND, its parent organization, members, agents, and volunteers, in both their official and individual capacities, from any and all liability or demands for personal injury, psychological injury, sickness, or death, which may be incurred by Parent and Child/ren as a result of his or her contraction of COVID-19 or any other contagious disease, as a consequence of such use.
The Parent and Child/ren agree to hold harmless and indemnify the CVNSND, its officers, members, employees, and agents, in both their official and individual capacities, from any liability sustained as a result of the negligent, willful, or intentional acts of other persons occurring while the Parent and Child/ren paticipte in CVNSND-sponsored activities.
Parent’s and Child/ren’s signature further acknowledges receipt and review of the attached COVID-19 Safety Rules and the May 21, 2020 guidance from the Ohio Department of Health regarding participation in general non-contact sporting activities. This release and waiver of liability shall be effective as of the date of its signature.
COVID-19 SAFETY RULES CHECKLIST
- Parents and children must adhere to physical six-foot social distancing and wear face masks during CVNSND events.
- Parents and children must conduct symptom assessments (self-evaluation) before attending any CVNSND event. Anyone experiencing symptoms, including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell, must stay home.
- No shared water coolers or shared drinking stations. Participants should bring individual water containers.
- No touch rule – children should refrain from high fives, huddles, or other close contact before, during, or after CVNSND events unless the contact is for the purpose of safety.
- No congregation before or after CVNSND events.
- Equipment and personal items should have proper separation and should not be shared. If equipment must be shared, proper sanitation should be administered between users as well as before and after every session.
- Hand washing or hand sanitizing, in the absence of soap and water, must be available.
- Maintain a complete list of individuals present at each session including the date, beginning and ending time of the event, name, address, and phone contact to be made available upon request from local health district.
- Immediately isolate and seek medical care for any individual who develops symptoms. Contact the local health district about suspected cases or exposure and to identify potentially infected or exposed individuals to help facilitate effective contact tracing/notifications.